Denver White Pottery was established around 1894 by Frederick J. White and his son, Francis George White. When they began producing art pottery in 1909, the company was known as the Denver Art Pottery. Denver White Pottery produced pottery until 1955. Denver White Pottery is typically seen in its distinctive grey and blue semi-matte, grainy textured glaze. Denver also produced a mission swirl style pottery similar to Niloak Pottery.
Much of Denver's art pottery was marked Denver with a "W" inside the "D" in Denver. Pottery made around 1910 contain the words "White Denver," with White on the top. In addition, some examples of Denver White are dated. Dated examples are typically pre-1920.