Stangl Pottery was formed out of Fulper Pottery of New Jersey. In 1910, Martin Stangl began working at Fulper. In 1915 Stangl left Fulper to work at Haeger Pottery. Stangl returned to Fulper Pottery in 1920, became president in 1926, and changed the company name to Stangl Pottery in 1929. The Fulper Pottery name was not changed to Stangl Pottery until 1955. Dinnerware made by the company was marked since 1930. Stangl pottery is best known for dinnerware and the Stangl bird figurines. Martin Stangl died in 1972 and the pottery went out of business in 1978.