Wheatley Pottery was established in 1903 by T.J. Wheatley. Wheatley Pottery produced arts and crafts style pottery of a similar style to Grueby Pottery. Wheatley Pottery is characterized by forms, decorated in relief, and covered in thick matte green, blue, and yellow glazes.
It is believed that the production of art pottery at Wheatley ceased by 1910. Wheatley continued in existence until 1927 when the Cambridge Tile Manufacturing Company acquired Wheatley Pottery. The pottery's production in the later years consisted of faience tile, garden ware, and jardineres.